Within the Quartz Group we are dedicated to delivering a quality experience to visitors at our business-to-business events and to readers of our market-leading magazines.
To achieve this we need talented and committed people to drive the business forward and to make an impact every day. If you want to be part of the team and you think you have something to offer us, you can see the current vacancies below. Please follow the application instructions or submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If these vacancies do not match your skills and experience you are welcome to forward your CV with a covering letter stating the type of opportunity you are looking for, to email@example.com.
VACANCY - 23 December 2021: Event Operations Executive
(Permanent – Full Time 35 hours per week – 8am-4pm)
Department: Operations Department
Location: Redhill, Surrey
Reports to: Operations Manager. To apply please send your CV to Maisie Worster.
Job Purpose: We have an exciting opportunity to assist in the organisation of professional and cost effective B2B trade exhibitions and conferences. Provide on-site operations assistance at designated international exhibitions and conferences (2-4 weeks per year)
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Upload exhibitor information to the website and ensure websites are up to date (floorplans, manuals etc.)
• Update floorplans and circulate to sales department
• Answer general exhibitor queries via email and telephone
• Provide onsite assistance at designated events (2-4 weeks per year)
• Provide admin support and ad hoc tasks to the Operations Manager
• To contribute to the overall efficiency of the department
• Organise small to large sized conferences, dinners and exhibitions from inception to completion with guidance and support from the manager
• Assist Operations Manager to deliver medium-large scale exhibitions
• Order all necessary exhibition and conference services including but not limited to; catering, furniture, signage, AV, IT, features, staffing, freight, registration, stand fitting, carpet, electrics and security
• Organise exhibitors and sponsors logistics to ensure all sponsor and exhibitor packages are fulfilled as sold by the sales team
• Production and timely communication of correct and detailed technical information for exhibition, including the exhibitor manual
• Respond quickly and calmly to requests from speakers, sponsors and exhibitors’ pre-event and onsite
• Working closely with the sales and marketing teams, to seamlessly deliver the event
• To arrange travel and hotel arrangements for staff within a budget
• Maintain good levels of communication between sponsors, exhibitors and the rest of the team, before, during and after an event.
• Manage inbound and outbound email communication with contractors & exhibitors keeping them up to date with all the required and updated show information.
• Understanding the principles of floorplan design, including venue rules and health and safety parameters.
• Actively involved on the show floor during the build-up, open days and breakdown.
• Attending relevant training as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
• IT Literate, this includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM systems
• Team Player
• Excellent attention to detail as accuracy pre-show is essential
• Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
• Good communication skills – written and verbal
• Broad understanding of business to business events and publishing industry
• Willing and able to travel and work overseas for 2-4 weeks per year
• A foreign language would be an advantage
• Experience in the conference and exhibition industry
• Able to meet deadlines and resolve problems under pressure
• Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
• Organised, methodical and an effective problem solver
• Ability to manage time effectively, whilst remaining calm in pressurised situations
• Flexibility to work over weekends and evenings and travel worldwide when required
The duties and responsibilities of this job description are intended to be indicative but not exhaustive of the responsibilities of the post holder. The requirements of the job/contract may develop and change, the post holder may be expected to adapt to these requirements.